The woman was killed after going to the market in Sar-e-Pul province
Her husband was away in Iran when she went shopping for supplies
The area is still under Taliban control
Under Taliban rule women are prohibited from leaving their homes unless accompanied by a close male relative
by, Sarah Dean | The Daily Mail – UK | h/t Natalie Freeman
A woman has reportedly been beheaded by a group of armed men in Afghanistan after she entered a city without her husband.
The horrific act took place in the remote village of Latti in Sar-e-Pul province, which is under Taliban control.
Provincial Governor spokesman Zabiullah Amani told the Nation that the 30-year-old woman was targeted because she went out alone without her husband, who is in Iran.
The Middle East Press reported the woman had gone to the market to shop.
Under Taliban rule women are prohibited from leaving their homes unless accompanied by a close male relative.
They are also banned from working or education and are forced to wear the burqa.
The Taliban have rejected any involvement in this latest incident.
Earlier this month five female Afghan guards working in the airport in southern Kandahar were killed by unknown gunmen as they were on their way to work, the latest in a string of attacks against women in Afghanistan.
From bomb attacks to targeted or honour killings or domestic abuses, Afghan women have borne the brunt of the 15 years of conflicts during the Taliban-led insurgency as security has deteriorated and violence has increased in most parts of the country.
Samim Khpulwak, spokesman for the governor of Kandahar, said the five women were in charge of searching female travelers at the Kandahar airport, and had been hired by a private security company.
‘Two gunmen on motorbike followed their van and opened fire on them, killing the five and their driver this morning, said Samim.
Although Afghan women had made hard-fought rights gains in education and work since the collapse of austere Taliban regime in 2001, there are growing fears that these could reverse with the deterioration of security and increase in violence.
Despite years of pressure by women’s groups and foreign donors, Afghanistan remains one of the most difficult places to be a woman.
Restoring fundamental women’s rights was one of the main objectives of the international community in Afghanistan, where the hardline Taliban Islamist banned girls from school and women from work in their rule from 1996-2001.
Angela Merkel: ‘..I made this happen..’
ACHTUNG deutsche Leser: Bitte klicken Sie hier, um diesen Artikel auf Deutsch zu lesen. Danke.
by, wa.de | Michael Stürzenberger @ Politically Incorrect
Hamm Germany – Two children aged nine and ten were injured on Friday in a playground on the street at the island by three strangers.
At around 1:20 pm the perpetrators attacked their victims with a spray can and a lighter.
The children suffered burns and were taken to a hospital for ambulatory treatment with a rescue vehicle.
The transient suspects are young people who looked Eastern European.
All three wore hooded sweaters.
The first attacker had black hair and wore a blue top.
Another perpetrator had blond hair and was clothed with a green top and jeans.
The third fugitive wore black clothes and a cap with bull emblem.
Police are requesting that witnesses please immediately contact the Hamm police at: phone 02381 916-0.
Men, aged 15 to 21, are suspected of torching the victim as he slept on platform
Six suspects of the attack at Schönleinstraße station are Syrian and one is Lybian
Detectives in Berlin have opened an attempted murder investigation after attack
Men appear to flee on train and are spotted celebrating as they watch man burn
ACHTUNG deutsche Leser: Bitte klicken Sie hier, um diesen Artikel auf Deutsch zu lesen. Danke.
by, Gareth Davies | The Daily Mail | Michael Stürzenberger @ Politically Incorrect
Seven migrants have been arrested after a homeless man was set on fire on Christmas Eve at a Berlin subway station.
The men, aged 15 to 21, are suspected of torching the victim as he slept on a platform bench at Schönleinstraße station.
Six of the suspects are Syrian and one is Lybian and an attempted murder investigation has been launched.
Thomas Neuendorf, the vice chief of the press office at Berlin Police, told Bild that detectives believe the 21-year-old to have been the main perpetrator.
He, along with his alleged accomplices, were arrested on yesterday.
After torching the homeless man, the suspected assailants hopped onto a train to make their getaway.
CCTV footage captured them watching and laughing as the man was burning on the platform.
It appeared they were celebrating, according to local press.
Remarkably, the victim escaped almost unscathed, thanks to the rapid intervention of several witnesses.
Michael Stürzenberger @ Politically Incorrect wrote:
The Berliner Zeitung writes neutrally of “young men” even though that when looking at the pictures it is clear to everyone that they are migrants:
During the night between the 24th and 25th of December seven young men set a homeless man on fire at the subway station Schönleinstraße. Now pictures of the offenders have been published.
That was fast! Immediately a day after the horrible deed in Berlin-Kreuzberg, the Berlin police had published the photos of the perpetrators. The pictures show altogether seven young men.
One should pay attention to the downplaying public-service-speech of the police:
“The seven youths, all of them young men, are under the suspicion of endangering a sleeping homeless man with fire at the subway station Schönleinstraße”, the police informed the public on Monday.
“Endangering with fire” — that sounds as if the migrants were lighting up cigarettes near the homeless man. The reality is they had set him on fire and wanted to burn him! But at least the usually much sleepier Berlin police published the photos immediately. According to the Berlin Zeitung, the seven migrants fled on the subway after the incident. They have not been apprehended yet.
Pictured above: 7-Year-old “Islam” on the left and 9-Year-old “Fatima” on the right, with dad pictured in the center, as he prepares the two girls for their suicide missions.
Jabhat al-Nusra Terrorist, Funded by the Obama Administration, Sends His Two Young Daughters on Suicide Missions
Footage shows a fanatic lecturing the two children, seven and nine, in Damascus
They are dressed in coats and hats before being embraced by burka-clad woman
Seven-year-old then thought to have been killed in explosion at a police station
The blast in Damascus, the Syrian capital, wounded three police officers
by, Julian Robinson | Daily Mail – UK
This is the moment jihadi parents kissed their daughters goodbye shortly before one of them walked into a Syrian police station and was blown up by a remote detonator.
Footage shows a male fanatic lecturing the two children, seven and nine, about how to carry out suicide bomb attacks before they are embraced by a woman in a burka.
A short time later, the seven-year-old is thought to have walked into a police station in Syria’s capital, Damascus, before being killed in an explosion.
With music in the background and sitting in front of a black and white flag, the ranting extremist holds the girls in his arms as he brainwashes them.
Both girls then say ‘Allahu Akbar’ before separate footage shows them dressed in coats and woolly hats as they embrace their mother and leave the room.
A short time later, on December 16, a seven-year-old girl calmly walked into a Damascus police station before being killed in a bomb blast that also injured three officers.
Syrian journalists have reported the two adults as being husband and wife and parents to the two girls. They also linked one of the youngsters to the explosion on Friday.
In one video, the mother repeatedly hugs the seven-year-old, named as Islam, and the older girl, named as Fatima.
A man behind the camera asks the woman why she is sending her daughters to jihad when they are so young.
She replies that ‘no one is young when it comes to jihad as every Muslim is supposed to participate in jihad.’
He then prays for Allah to accept the sacrifice the woman is making
In the second video the man believed to be the father asks one of the girls what she is ‘going to do today’ before she replies that she is going to carry out a suicide bombing in Damascus.
In an apparent reference to the bus evacuation of rebel fighters and residents from Aleppo last week, the man asks one of the children: ‘Shouldn’t you leave fighting to the men? Or did all of them flee in the green buses?’.
He later adds: ‘You are not going to be afraid because you are going to the Heavens, right?’.
The girl on the left replies simply: ‘Yes’.
Both children then say Allah Akbar on the man’s request before he starts saying prayers.
It is not yet clear which jihadist group was behind the attack. The explosion in the bustling Midan neighbourhood of the Syrian capital wounded three police officers, said the Al-Watan daily, which is close to the government.
‘A seven-year-old girl entered the police station, carrying a belt that was detonated from afar,’ the paper posted on its Facebook page.
A police source told Al-Watan that the little girl had appeared lost and asked to use the bathroom when the explosives went off.
Although rebel groups have fired rockets and mortar rounds into the capital, explosions inside the city itself are rare.
Syrian state news agency SANA said earlier there were preliminary reports about a ‘terrorist explosion at the Midan police station in Damascus’.
The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights confirmed there had been a blast in Midan but said it could not specify the cause.
Observatory head Rami Abdel Rahman told AFP that ‘one woman’ was killed in the blast, but it remained unclear whether she was a suicide bomber or a bystander.
In early 2012, a suicide bomber killed 26 people when he blew himself up in Midan. More than 310,000 people have died since Syria’s conflict broke out in 2011.
The attack happened in the Syrian capital, President Bashar al-Assad’s stronghold of Damascus.
A brutal battle to retake the city of Aleppo appears to have come to an after a ceasefire and evacuation of residents was agreed with rebels.
But Assad’s forces are still fighting insurgents near the capital while large areas of the country remain in rebel control in the northwestern countryside and in the far south.
Peace on Earth will only be achievable once Muslim parents begin to love their own children more than they hate us.
Pictured above: Actual photo of Sarween Nobidar. Photo courtesy of: Namo Abdulla
At the time of this report, no official investigation has been launched into this young woman’s death…nor have any charges or arrests been made.
by, Ruwayda Mustafah | Ruwayda.com | Namo Abdulla
An undergraduate student at Ishik University in Kurdistan Region’s Erbil city has died in what appears to be an honour-related case. Her name is Sarween Nobidar (21-years-old).
Kurdish MP Soran Omar has issued an official statement about the killing of Sarween Nobidar. MP Omar highlights that according to close family associates, Sarween suffered a stab wound to her hand by her father and was later set ablaze.
Numerous Facebook posts have surfaced online, where people allege that her father set her ablaze for falling in love with someone at her University that the family did not consider appropriate. These posts — found in Kurdish Facebook/Instagram accounts highlight that the man proposed to her on several occasions and her family rejected him because he was deemed unsuitable due to ‘tribal’ reasons.
These posts, some made by Ishik University students and others activists come at a time where an official investigation into this matter has not been launched. It has raised speculation, gossip and various other accusations. In the absence of a transparent investigation, various information is circulating, which is harmful to both the public and a potential future investigation.
Here is an interview (in Kurdish) with Sarween’s dad that was conducted after her death:
(NOTE: He claims that he was not involved in the death of his daughter)
Women setting themselves ablaze is not new in the region and there are numerous cases in the past where this has happened. In most cases, it is dismissed as accidental, particularly when there’s an overwhelming element of honour. These cases don’t make headlines and do not receive nation-wide attention, at least in the past they have not.
When these cases are dismissed as accidental or as the woman committing suicide, they are hard to investigate, as family members attempt to cover these incidents for the sake of not attracting public ridicule or ‘shame.’
I urge the Kurdish government and responsible authorities to issue a transparent investigation into this case because male chauvinism, patriarchal attitudes and violence against women continue to exist in Region of Kurdistan with little accountability. Despite governmental measures to curb violence against women, powerful connections and wealth often leads to those responsible escaping accountability.
Namo Abdullah, a renowned journalist from Kurdistan wrote a brilliant commentary stating (quote):
‘..I know a lot of Kurds don’t like this story to be translated into English. They don’t want outsiders to know about this dark side of our culture. But I do. I do want everybody to shame us until we come to our senses and cleanse our culture of this decease called “honor killing.”
This beautiful young Kurdish girl, Sarwin, was reportedly burnt to death recently by her own father in a town near Erbil. Her own father poured gasoline on her and set her in flames. If the scene is familiar, it is because ISIS has done exactly the same thing. But this time it was done by somebody who is supposed to love you most: a father. Is not this the textbook definition of barbarism?
It is now time for all Kurdish TV channels, radio stations and newspaper to treat this story as the most important story. Fighting ISIS outside our borders is no longer the most important issue. Fighting ISIS ideas within our borders is. It is time for journalists to question all the legal, executive and religious authorities in our country. Ask the Iamams or Islamic preachers if their religion is so brutal that places more value on sex than a human life? Does God want a woman to lose her life over loving somebody? Follow the story until the perpetrator(s) is brought to justice. Let’s start a nationwide campaign to make Sarwin’s death the last case of “honor killing” in Kurdistan. Next time another woman is killed, we all are complicit..’