US war veteran Taylor Force died in a Palestinian attack while visiting Israel as a tourist in March. Photo courtesy of: AP and BBC News
by, BBC News | h/t Gary F. Patton @ Searching for Truth
An Israeli rights group is suing Facebook for $1bn on behalf of families of victims of Palestinian attacks.
The Shurat Hadin group says Facebook violates the US Anti-Terrorism Act by allowing militant groups such as Hamas a platform for spreading violence.
Hamas called the lawsuit an Israeli attempt to blackmail Facebook.
The victims cited in the case are all American, including Taylor Force, 28, who was stabbed to death while visiting Israel in March.
The others are dual Israeli-US nationals who died in attacks in Tel Aviv, Jerusalem and the occupied West Bank between 2014 and 2016.
The suit, filed with the US District Court for the Southern District of New York, argues the platform “knowingly provided material support and resources to Hamas… facilitat(ing) this terrorist group’s ability to communicate, recruit members, plan and carry out attacks, and strike fear in its enemies”.
Sami Abu Zuhri, a Hamas spokesman in Gaza, accused Israel of trying to turn it into a spy tool against Palestinians.
He said some Israeli politicians and soldiers had “expressed pride at the killing of Palestinians” on Facebook and other social media.
“The real test for the owners of Facebook is to reject this pressure,” he said.
Israel says Palestinian incitement on social media has fuelled a wave of attacks since October, which have killed 35 Israelis and four people of other nationalities.
In June, Israeli forces demolished the house of the Palestinian who killed Taylor Force. Photo courtesy of: AP and BBC News
A report on the Israel-Palestinian conflict last week by the Quartet group of international mediators identified “the spreading of incitement to violence on social media” by Palestinians as a key issue.
“Hamas and other radical factions are responsible for the most explicit and widespread forms of incitement. These groups use media outlets to glorify terrorism and openly call for violence against Jews, including instructing viewers on how to carry out stabbings,” the report said.
Asked to comment on the Shurat Hadin case by the Reuter news agency, Facebook’s Israeli PR firm said the company “does not respond on any issue currently subject to legal procedure”.
The lawsuit was brought under the Anti-Terrorism Act of 1992 which prohibits American businesses from providing any material support, including services, to designated terrorist groups and their leaders.
2 Palestinian terrorists, dressed in suits, open fire in restaurant at popular Sarona center; arrested gunmen are relatives from Hebron area
by, Judah Ari Gross | The Times of Israel
Three people were murdered in a shooting terror attack in Tel Aviv’s popular Sarona Market Wednesday evening.
Four others were seriously hurt, with another person said to be in critical condition.
Police said two Palestinian gunmen were involved in the terror attack. One shooting was said to have occurred inside the Sarona complex while another was reported on the adjacent Ha’arba’ah Street.
Officials said one gunman was arrested and another was shot by security forces and taken into custody. Police later confirmed they were Palestinian relatives from the Hebron area in the West Bank.
Some unconfirmed reports spoke of a third gunman who escaped, but police and soldiers deployed in the surrounding streets called off the search after an hour.
Chico Edri, head of Israel Police’s Tel Aviv district, told reporters the incident was over and no other suspects were thought to be at large. He said one gunman had been arrested, the other shot and then taken into custody. Edri said the police had seized the weapons used in the attack.
Police said there had been no warning of an imminent attack.
8.6.2016 תיעוד חיסול המחבל – פיגוע במתחם שרונה בתל אביב
Less than an hour after the gunfire was first reported, Ichilov Hospital confirmed that three victims had succumbed to their injuries. They were not immediately identified.
Of the wounded, one person was reported to be in critical condition, and four others in serious condition.
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, who landed in Tel Aviv around 10 p.m. following a two-day trip to Moscow, was being briefed on the attack and was set to go directly to the Tel Aviv army headquarters, which is across from the Sarona Market. The head of Military Intelligence Maj. Gen. Herzi Halevy, Police Commissioner Roni Alsheich, and Public Security Minister Gilad Erdan were at the scene.
An eyewitness told Israel Radio that the gunmen were dressed up as ultra-Orthodox men. Other reports said they were dressed in semi-formal attire: black pants, white shirts and ties. Police wouldn’t address the claims.
A bartender confirmed to The Times of Israel that the two gunmen were sitting at Sarona’s Max Brenner restaurant before beginning their shooting spree. Yousef Jabarin, a resident of Umm al-Fahm, said the pair were dressed as “warriors” — wearing black suits, white shirts, skinny ties. He said he knew they were from the West Bank by the way they were dressed. The terrorists sat down and ordered a dessert, he said, and after 15 minutes, they stood up and started shooting.
The gunfire lasted about a minute, he said. Jabarin said the Max Brenner restaurant does not have its own security guard.
The Hamas terror group hailed the attack, but stopped short of claiming responsibility.
Yechiel Miller, a volunteer medic with United Hatzalah, related from the scene of the attack: “When I arrived at the scene I saw a woman who was unconscious and not breathing and in critical condition. We began resuscitation efforts. We also treated numerous other individuals who suffered gun shot wounds and wounds from shrapnel.”
Davidi Dahan, another medic with United Hatzalah, said: “When I arrived at the scene I saw two young people who were suffering from gunshot wounds outside of a restaurant at the Sarona center. We treated them as well as numerous other individuals who were suffering from shock.
“While we were treating them other volunteers from the ambucycle unit of United Hatzalah reported that they were treating an unconscious woman behind the Sarona center and that she was in critical condition. We are currently searching for and treating other people who are suffering from shock and who have fed to nearby streets due to the incident.”
Tel Aviv Mayor Ron Huldai arrived at Ichilov Hospital, and sent condolences to the families of the victims.
“We in Tel Aviv have for years been a target of terrorism,” he said. “No terrorism will defeat us.”
Police were warning civilians to stay away from the scene of the attack.
In April, Israeli police moved to close down Sarona Market over fears that the commercial center was not sufficiently secure, but the site’s management said it would stay open. The popular compound is home to Israel’s largest indoor culinary market. Its 8,700 square meters (93,000 square feet) of market space hosts 91 shops of all varieties.
At the time, police asked the Tel Aviv Municipality to revoke Sarona’s business license, arguing that lax security put the visiting public at risk.
Since October, 29 Israelis and four others have been killed and hundreds more injured in the spate of attacks, though the violence had dramatically waned of late. Some 200 Palestinians have also been killed, some two-thirds of them while carrying out attacks and the rest in clashes with troops, Israeli officials say.
Wednesday’s attack was the second deadly shooting in Tel Aviv in six months.
In January, 29-year-old Nashat Milhem of the northern Israeli Arab town of Arara opened fire outside a bar on Tel Aviv’s busy Dizengoff Street, killing two Israelis. After fleeing, Milhem killed Bedouin taxi driver Ayman Shaaban some 60 minutes later. Milhem was killed in a shootout with police days later while hiding out in a building in his hometown.
In a stabbing spree in the city’s Jaffa neighborhood in March, 22-year-old Palestinian Bashar Massalha killed US citizen Taylor Force and injured 10 others in a rampage along the Jaffa boardwalk. He was killed by security forces during the attack.
Israeli man, who was collecting money for charity, hospitalized in moderate condition after Petah Tikva attack
by, Raoul Wootliff | The Times of Israel | h/t Gary Jonathan
An Israeli man who was stabbed multiple times Tuesday afternoon in a terror attack in Petah Tikva managed to remove the knife from his neck and use it to stab and neutralize his attacker, aided by the store owner, police said.
The attacker, a Palestinian, died a few minutes later, police said. The victim, an ultra-Orthodox man of about 40 who suffered multiple stab wounds to his upper body, was hospitalized in moderate condition. The store owner was not injured.
The Palestinian assailant had followed the man, who was collecting money for charity, into a wine shop on the central city’s Baron Hirsch Street and began stabbing him “multiple times” in the upper body in a “frenzied attack,” police said.
At one point, the victim managed to break away and fled the store, while the owner of the store hit the attacker and tried to subdue him, police said. The victim then returned to the store, pulled the knife out of his own neck, and stabbed his attacker.
Initial reports had said the stabbing may have occurred during an altercation; however, the incident was later confirmed by police as a terror attack.
Magen David Adom paramedics said they treated the victim at the scene before taking him to the city’s Beilinson Hospital.
Nati Ostri, a volunteer medic from United Hatzalah who also treated the victim, said he found the man lying on the floor outside a convenience store.
“Together with other volunteers of the Ambucycle Unit of United Hatzalah we treated the victim utilizing first aid treatment, following which he was taken to Beilinson Hospital in an ambulance. At the time of transfer the victim was conscious,” he said.
EXCLUSIVE UNCUT VIDEO:
One of Judaism’s/Judeo-Christianity’s Holiest Sites, the Tomb of Joseph (Father of Jesus)..Destroyed by Muslim Terrorists.
by, Grant | Breaking 911 | Sakir Khader
According to multiple reports and witness video (Scroll down), Palestinian terrorists have set fire to Joseph’s Tomb on the outskirts of the West Bank city of Nablus.
This is not the first time the Holy Site has been attacked or vandalized.
On December 22, 2014, Jews who were visiting the tomb to light candles for the Jewish holiday of Hanukkah discovered that the site had been vandalized.
Lights were broken and electrical wiring had been cut. It was the first time Jews were allowed to visit the tomb in over a month.
On July 7, 2014, Palestinians tried to burn down Josephs Tomb while protesting. Palestinian Authority security forces were able to stop the protesters before they were able to burn it down.
On April 24, 2011, Palestinian Authority police officers opened fire on three cars of Israeli worshipers after they finished praying at Joseph’s Tomb.
An Israeli citizen was killed and three others were wounded. The fatality was identified as Ben-Joseph Livnat, 25, the nephew of Culture Minister Limor Livnat.
Both the Israel Defense Forces and Palestinian Authority ordered investigations into the incident.
According to an initial investigation, three cars full of Israelis entered the compound of Joseph’s Tomb without coordination with the Israeli military or Palestinian security forces and then tried to break through a Palestinian Authority police checkpoint.
The IDF investigation concluded that the Palestinian police officers had acted “maliciously” and with the intent to harm the Jewish worshipers.
IDF Chief of Staff Benny Gantz added that they fired “without justification and with no immediate threat to their lives.”