False Criminal Charges Placed Against Iraqi Christians in America by Islamic Interim Government in Iraq
by, Lauren Markoe | NCRonline.org | h/t T. Shoebat
Some Chaldeans and their supporters are wondering why more Christian Americans — their co-religionists — are not speaking out against the impending deportation of hundreds of them from the U.S. to Iraq, which many liken to a “death sentence.”
About 200 Chaldeans — members of a group of Christians indigenous to Iraq — were rounded up by ICE agents in past weeks, including 114 in the Detroit area last weekend.
Martin Manna, president of the Chaldean Community Foundation, based in Sterling Heights, Mich., said he’s frustrated by evangelicals and others who have expressed outrage over the persecution of Christians in the Middle East but who have been silent about the Chaldeans who face deportation.
“They could be doing a lot more,” he said. “They could be saying, ‘Wait, we have been fighting to protect these people in their ancestral lands and now we are sending them back to those areas that we’re not doing enough to protect?'”
Philippe Nassif, executive director of In Defense of Christians — a Washington-based group that seeks to protect persecuted Christians in the Middle East — pointed to evangelicals such as Franklin Graham, president of the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association, who held a summit in Washington last month to rally support for Middle Eastern Christians he called victims of genocide.
“They came to D.C., a whole bunch of them,” said Nassif. “They brought up the issue that needed to be brought up, but we’re not seeing the follow-up. If they can’t stand up for the people who already made it here, then how can they stand up for the ones in the Middle East?”
Graham this week had not spoken out about the Chaldeans in custody until Thursday (June 15), when he issued a statement after an inquiry from RNS.
“I find it very disturbing what I have read about Chaldean Christians being rounded up by ICE for possible deportation. I would encourage the president to have someone investigate these cases thoroughly,” Graham said in a statement.
“I understand a policy of deporting people who are here illegally and have broken the law,” Graham’s statement continued. “I don’t know all of the details, but I would encourage our president to give great consideration to the threat to lives of Christians in countries like Iraq.”
Nassif said he was glad Graham felt moved to speak out.
But Nassif said there should have been more of an outcry when news broke of the Chaldeans’ plight.
Although the Knights of Columbus, the Catholic fraternal organization and a longtime ally of the Chaldeans, is circulating a letter on their behalf, “we aren’t seeing a lot of these other larger voices in the community standing up for the Iraqi Christians,” Nassif said.
“If all these people really care about these communities in the Middle East, they should also be caring about the communities that are living here in the United States that are being sent back,” he said.
Another group that has taken a stand on behalf of the Chaldeans: the American Civil Liberties Union. It filed a class-action lawsuit in federal court in Detroit on Thursday to halt the deportations.
Some of the Chaldeans detained by ICE have committed crimes, but their families say those offenses were often nonviolent and happened decades ago. The convicted have served their time and have become productive members of society on whom their families depend, they say.
A Department of Homeland Security representative defended the government’s actions.
“The agency recently arrested a number of Iraqi nationals, all of whom had criminal convictions for crimes including homicide, rape, aggravated assault, kidnapping, burglary, drug trafficking, robbery, sex assault, weapons violations and other offenses,” DHS spokeswoman Gillian Christensen said in a statement.
“Each of these individuals received full and fair immigration proceedings, after which a federal immigration judge found them ineligible for any form of relief under U.S. law and ordered them removed.”
Advocacy groups and the U.S. government have for years documented the danger to Christians living in Iraq, whose numbers have plummeted to less than 200,000 from a high of 1.2 million before the Iraq War. Many died during the conflict and hundreds of thousands fled to safer lands. Today Iraqi Christians sit in the crosshairs of the group known as the Islamic State, which is losing territory but still active in Iraq.
More than a year ago Congress and the State Department, under then-Secretary of State John Kerry, recognized the slaughter of Christians in the Middle East as a genocide.
“This is not complicated,” said Thomas Farr, director of the Religious Freedom Project at Georgetown University’s Berkley Center for Religion, Peace and World Affairs. “Iraqi Christians have formally been designated by the United States as victims of ‘genocide.’ They and other named minorities of that declaration should be welcomed to this country. Those who have made it here already should not be deported.”
Chaldeans are Eastern Rite Catholics, who affiliate with the Roman Catholic Church but have their own bishops and patriarch. They believe their ancestors were converted to Christianity by Thomas the Apostle.
The largest groups of Chaldeans reside in Iraq and Syria. In the U.S., population estimates range in the hundreds of thousands, with more than 100,000 living in Greater Detroit, where many began to immigrate in the 1920s.
“On a practical level, this is mind-boggling,” said Nina Shea, an international human-rights lawyer who runs the Center for Religious Freedom at the Washington-based Hudson Institute. She can’t think of a safe destination for the Chaldeans in Iraq.
“The director of Homeland Security — does he know that there has been a genocide declared there by the United States? Had anyone told him? Does ICE know this?” Shea said.
“In a situation of genocide you don’t deport anybody. We didn’t even deport Gitmo detainees to places where they would be killed.”
ACHTUNG deutsche Leser: Bitte klicken Sie hier, um diesen Artikel auf Deutsch zu lesen. Danke.
by, Oli Smith | The Express UK
GANGS of North African youths have terrified Chinese migrants amid complaints they have become ‘too rich.’
Police in France recorded more than 200 attacks on Chinese immigrants last year, mostly from hostile migrant gangs.
This comes amid a growing perception that recent migrants from North Africa have become “too demanding” and consider themselves “victims” who deserve pity.
Video courtesy of: RT
Contrary to this, the long-standing Chinese community in Paris has gained a reputation for being “hard-working and managing without taxpayer help”.
In a report from German channel DW, a Chinese migrant named Woo described how a gang of North African youths attacked him in his home last November.
He said that the yobs threatened him and his wife with a knife and smashed his head, after which broke in and stole his valuables.
He added: “I am scared. I don’t feel safe anymore.”
Yvon Sun, who works as a liaison for the Chinese community in Paris, echoed these remarks and said among a rise of recent assaults, a gang of African migrants had robbed a pair of young children under 10 years old and threatened them with a knife.
In August last year, a Chinese man was killed in the Paris suburb of Aubervilliers after being attacked during a botched robbery.
While the crime rate grows, local migrants from North Africa have been unafraid to voice their prejudices.
One told the programme: “That’s the way it is. I don’t like the Chinese.”
Another added: “The Chinese have become too rich in France. That’s not fair. They have nice clothes and big cars.”
Despite this visible hostility, police have largely refused to intervene while locals have complained that security services rarely investigate many of the crimes.
Guylain Chevrier, a French sociologist, said the pattern quickly emerged following the refugee wave last year.
He said: “The Chinese community is thought to be a community where things go well, where people manage on their own.
“This is compared to other immigrants who are much more demanding and consider themselves as victims.”
Mr Chevrier added that authorities often took an extremely “passive attitude” toward anything going on within “Muslim communities.”
by, Samuel Smith | CP News and World Reports
A Pakistani Christian family was tied up and beaten by a group of Muslims who stormed their home last month looking to force the family to convert to Islam. But when the family refused to renounce their faith, their youngest daughter was abducted, raped and has yet to return home.
The London-based charity British Pakistani Christian Association has come to the aid of the Masih family, a family of 10 Christians caught in the grips of bonded labor (modern day slavery) near the city of Kasur in Eastern Pakistan.
According to BPCA, the family lived in a small home made of mud and had been constantly pressured by local Muslims to convert to Islam, as they were the only family in the neighborhood who hadn’t embraced Islam.
On the night of Sept. 15, a group of six Muslim men and a Muslim woman stormed the family’s home with guns, sticks and metal rods and severely beat members of the Christian family.
The group of intruders hoped that the family’s pain and suffering would cause them to reconsider their prior refusals to convert to Islam. Despite the pain, the family again refused to deny Christ and convert to Islam.
After the family refused to convert, the Muslims grew enraged and tied up and blindfolded all but two of the family members.
As the family consists of six daughters and two sons, the Muslims dragged the family’s 17-year-old daughter, Jameela, and 20-year-old son, Arif, and threw them into the back of a van parked outside of the home.
Arif, who was eventually able to escape out an open door while no one was looking, told BPCA that he and Jameela were taken to an unknown building in an unknown location that he later figured out was a mansion of some sort.
Arif explained that when they arrived at the mansion, they were both tortured separately. Despite the torture, Arif again refused to convert to Islam. While he could hear the screams of his sister, one of the captors told Arif that other Muslim men were taking turns raping his sister and that all he had to do to save his her was embrace Islam. However, he again refused to renounce Christ.
As the sun rose the next morning, Arif took advantage of an opportunity to escape when his blindfold slipped and he noticed that the door was left open with no one around monitoring him.
It took hours for Arif to return home, as he had to walk most of the way before he caught a ride on a rickshaw.
Having been taken so far from home, Arif is not able to recall the location of the mansion that he and his sister were taken too. He also believes that his sister was taken to another location because he did not hear her screams before he escaped the mansion.
The family is now living in a safehouse sponsored by BPCA in Pakistan. That is the same safehouse that another Christian family trapped in bonded labor stayed at while BPCA worked to secure their emancipation.
“This family is deeply traumatized but safe now. We will now begin the arduous task of helping them rebuild their lives in an atmosphere of safety,” BPCA Chairman Wilson Chowdhry said in a statement. “However, the captured daughter Jameela may well never be found and her malicious kidnapping is causing great anguish and despair. [For] Muslim despots [to be able to] kidnap Christian girls with such impunity is a blight on Pakistan’s international reputation.”
According to a 2014 report by the NGO Movement of Solidarity and Peace, as many as 700 Christian girls in Pakistan are kidnapped and forced into Islamic marriages every year. Many times, the police fail to take action and claim that the child left home and entered into Islamic marriage of her own will.
After the attack and kidnapping, the Masih family first went to their Muslim landlord, who not only told them to talk to the police but ordered them to go back to work the day after. The family attempted to file charges with the police. However, local police in Kasur refused to register the family’s case.
The police department was even pressured by Pakistani Sen. Kamran Michael to register the police report, however, Deputy Superintendent Abdul Qayoom Gondal refuses to register the case.
BPCA has hired a lawyer to take on the Masih’s case. According to BPCA, the lawyer was able to reach an agreement for the police to do a preliminary investigation. Thanks to corroborating witness statements, it is likely that a First Information Report will eventually be filed.
According to an application for a FIR, the perpetrators involved in the beating and kidnapping are Ghulam Muhamad, Ilyas Muhamed, Irfan Muhamad, M. Boota, M. Ashraf, M. Haroon and Umraan Bibi, all of whom are relatives.
BPCA reports that the assault on the Christian family occurred after the mother, 50-year-old Mumtaz Masih, was recently harassed by Muslim women in the neighborhood who were again looking to convert her and her family to Islam.
Irritated by the fact that her family kept getting harassed, Mumtaz and the women got into a heated exchange in which Mumtaz allegedly insulted the Muslim women, which could have triggered the violent attacks.
BPCA has launched a petition calling on the Pakistani government to end “the mass abduction, rape and forced marriage of Christians and other minority women, through tougher laws and stronger policing protocol.”
Additionally, BPCA is accepting online donations to aid persecuted Christians like the Masih family.
Lutz Bachmann, founder of the anti-Islamisation PEGIDA movement, has confirmed that he has moved to the Canary Islands to escape persecution from the German government.
ACHTUNG deutsche Leser: Bitte klicken Sie hier, um diesen Artikel auf Deutsch zu lesen. Danke.
by, Chris Tomlinson | Breitbart News | Blazing CatFur
After almost two years of campaigning against the Islamisation of Germany and warning of the repercussions of unlimited mass migration, founder and former leader of the PEGIDA movement, Lutz Bachmann, has been forced to leave Germany.
Citing the coordinated government persecution of himself and targeted attacks on his family, Mr. Bachmann has moved to Tenerife on the Spanish Canary Islands off the coast of Africa.
Spiegel Online reports that the PEGIDA founder’s appearance at the weekly Monday evening demonstrations in Dresden have become rare in recent months, with rumours circulating that Mr. Bachmann had emigrated and was flying into the country to participate in the German rallies.
It was then confirmed by German media that Mr. Bachmann had permanently left Dresden and had been travelling back and forth from the Canary Islands for the past five months.
Mr. Bachmann made a statement on Youtube explaining the reasons he was no longer residing in Dresden, citing increased threats toward him and several attempts to break into his house by unknown assailants. He also noted that his wife had undergone psychological stress due to the ongoing persecution of Mr. Bachmann.
During his statement, Mr. Bachmann also alleged that his car had been sabotaged. The incident may draw comparisons to an incident with former UKIP leader Nigel Farage’s car last October.
Mr. Farage was involved in a crash on the French motorway after a wheel came off his Volvo estate, the nuts holding it in place having been deliberately loosened.
The move follows what has been alleged to be systematic persecution of Mr. Bachmann by the German state which arrested him over comments he made on Facebook related to migrants. The German court in Dresden found him guilty of “hate speech” earlier this year, subjecting him to a large fine.
During the video he also blasted PEGIDA co-leader Tatjana Festerling, who was the first to reveal that Mr. Bachmann had gone to Tenerife on her Facebook account, saying that she needed to understand that the safety of his family was his most important priority.
Ms. Festerling courted controversy earlier this year when she joined a group of vigilantes in Bulgaria to help them track down illegal migrants crossing the border. The German government has considered charges against her, as they allege she joined a foreign paramilitary group, though she maintains she had only visited them for the day.
Mr. Bachmann maintains that whilst he is living overseas he will continue to be active in the PEGIDA movement.
A Teenager in Paris has been found tied up and gagged after being gang raped by a group of illegal immigrants next to the Eiffel Tower.
by, Alix Culbertson | The Sunday Express | h/t Blazing CatFur
The 19-year-old French girl was lured to the monument on the proviso of a ‘date’ set up through Facebook.
She responded to messages from who she thought was a 17-year-old Tunisian boy and initially met him close to her home in the Paris suburbs.
Last Sunday evening she turned up for another date where she expected to have a picnic with the boy at the Champs des Mars, the park where the Eiffel Tower is, and was attacked.
A source close to the case, said: “It was a warm night, and she expected to eat strawberries and grapes, and to drink Coke, but then the attack took place.”
The woman was dragged under a bush behind where a blanket had been laid out.
She was then assaulted by three men who then gagged, beat her up and tied her up.
The victim, who cannot be named for legal reasons, is said to have recently run away from her mother’s home in the Paris suburbs.
She was only found when a couple who were jogging early on Monday morning heard the victim making a muffled sobbing noise.
They raised the alarm after finding her in deep shock, naked and crying.
Police then used computer data to quickly trace the three men to a hotel in the 18th arrondissement of Paris.
They were caught there just before they tried to flee to Germany on Monday.
None of them had any official papers and all claimed they were 17 year olds from Tunisia and were seeking asylum.
However, early checks suggest they are likely to be a lot older and possibly from Algeria.
The source, said: “An enquiry is underway to try and work out exactly who they are, and what they were doing in France.”
All the men deny rape, saying they were involved in a “consensual adult relationship” with the woman.
The three men, who also cannot be named for legal reasons, have been remanded in custody as prosecutors and police continue a rape investigation.
Their victim is currently in the care of social services.
Makeshift migrant camps have popped up all around Paris and when they are destroyed by authorities another one appears nearby.
There will be capacity for 800 beds, with 400 immediately available when it opens close to the Gare du Nord Eurostar hub.
Kitchens, showers, wi-fi and a health centre with nurses – as well as a football pitch – will be available to all of its residents, the vast majority who will be young and male.